Lennon ready to play

Burnley winger Aaron Lennon said that he feels in great form after spending some time in Abu Dhabi with the team. He said that players that were not on international duty were allowed some days of rest in Abu Dhabi and he has seized the opportunity to prepare himself.

He said that it was an enjoyable moment in the sun and this has allowed him to relax and to recover from the early start to the season. Indeed Burnley started their season earlier because of their involvement in the Europa League and Aaron Lennon said that it was a great opportunity for him to recover.
Continue reading Lennon ready to play

Burnley manager pleased with draw at Southampton

Burnley manager Sam Dyche has admitted that the Clarets acquired a well-deserved point at Southampton in the Premier League opener. The Lancashire outfit had come into the game on the back of a hard-fought 0-0 draw against Istanbul Basaksehir on Thursday night but they still managed to play the game with good intensity.

The Clarets were the better team during the first half where they created a number of opportunities and ultimately Dyche was pleased for the side to have returned with a point, he told BBC Sport: “It was a well-deserved point that could have been all three. It’s not easy to dominate away from home like we did. We were good in possession and had a good shape.
Continue reading Burnley manager pleased with draw at Southampton

Aaron Lennon – It Was Right To Leave Everton

Burnley winger Aaron Lennon insists that it was the right move for him to exit Everton in the January transfer window. The formerly troubled player opted to leave Goodison Park after spending three seasons there. He decided to join Sean Dyche’s team few months before his contract with his former employers ran out.

The former England international had dropped down the pecking order. The arrival of Theo Walcott and his instant impact put nail to coffin on his chances. Yannick Bolasie also returned from injury and was making some contributions to the idea of playing backup didn’t sail as well. Continue reading Aaron Lennon – It Was Right To Leave Everton

LENNON DETAINED UNDER MENTAL HEALTH ACT

Everton winger Aaron Lennon was detained under the Mental Health Act by police over concerns for his welfare earlier this year. The 30-year-old was taken to the hospital “for assessment” after the police were called to Salford on the day of the incident.

Lennon is now “receiving care and treatment for a stress-related illness”, his club has said.
Continue reading LENNON DETAINED UNDER MENTAL HEALTH ACT

LENNON SET TO REMAIN AT EVERTON

There were reports that Watford wanted to lure troubled Everton man Aaron Lennon this summer but latest reports confirm that Coach Ronald Koeman wants to retain him. There are also deadline day interests from other Premier League sides but the Toffees have rebuffed them all.

Burnley made an enquiry for the 30-year old winger but Everton reported that the player was not available. Watford has begun talks with Goodison Park weeks back as they sought to get the player on a loan deal but Koeman preferred an outright sale. Continue reading LENNON SET TO REMAIN AT EVERTON

LENNON BACK IN TRAINING

There is great news for the fans of Aaron Lennon. He looks to have got back to normal in terms of his health as he’s been pictured taking part in some training drills with his Toffees teammates recently.

It had left everyone shocked when it was reported back in April that the Cops had taken Lennon in their custody because of his abnormal behaviour on the roadside in a crowded locality in the city of Manchester. Continue reading LENNON BACK IN TRAINING

HAMMERS HOLD EVERTON TO BARREN DRAW

West Ham United held Everton FC to a barren draw as both sides clashed in the Premier League.


The result was more devastating for the visitors as it was yet another setback in the bid to make the top five at the end of the season.

TheHammers successfully nullified the attacks of the Toffees as Jose Fonte and James Collins were at their best in the game played at the London Stadium. Even the top scorer of the league RomeluLukakudid not have a chance to get a concrete attempt at goal.

West Ham threatened through Manual Lanzini and Man of the Match Collins but Maarten Stekelenburg stopped their attempts. The barren draw helped the hosts get closer to safety, with four games left. They are seven points above the danger zone in an underwhelming season, considering their successes last year.

Injuries and all sorts of issues hampered their start and after finding their feet, they slumped right back. It has been a tough season for Coach SlavenBilic. Talking about injuriesI Love AC Milan, Koeman is still without Aaron Lennon, YannickBolasie, and Seamus Coleman as they remain sidelined.

Everton return to the sixth spot with Manchester United above them. United have games in hand, as do Arsenal who are in seventh place. Arsenal would face a critical test when they play second-placed team Tottenham Hotspur – the race for the title and top four. Chelsea are four points above Spurs so Mauricio Pochettino’s men would need to get the result and hope the Blues slip. If Arsenal lose, it would be the end of Champions League football next year, with appearance on the continent even in doubt.

Andy Hinchcliffe dont consider to put bid on Rooney

Andy Hinchcliffe doesn’t think that there is any need for Everton to be emotional and place a bid for one of their old boys Wayne Rooney because at this stage, he may not be the right player for them.


As per Hinchcliffe, Everton has made big strides ahead in the recent times. They have been trying to blood in new talent and form a young, energetic squad and with Ronald Koeman at the helm, they have also made it a point to adopt a style which looks good on the pitch.

Everton has never had the most beautiful style of play in the English game. They have always known to be effective rather than pleasing to the eye, but, under Koeman, it’s been seen that there is focus on the style of play as well.

In short, they have shown a sense of purpose in whatever they have done, but, would there be any purpose involved in roping Rooney in if that’s what they do? What can they expect from the present Red Devils’ skipper? That’s what Hinchcliffe wants to ask.

Clarifying his point, Hinchcliffe says that he is not suggesting Rooney has nothing left in the tank. Of course he has, but, not too much to be brutally honest. He wouldn’t be one of the top Premiership players five years down the line, that’s for sure. So he can only be a temporary prospect and Everton has not been too keen for such individuals of late.

All the signings have been made keeping the long term plans in mind. Then why not to continue with that same mentality and opt for those players who can serve the club for long rather than opting for Rooney?
Emotions apart, Hinchcliffe is surely making a fair point there.

LENNON TO START AGAINST LIVERPOOL

Aaron Lennon is set to start for Everton when they host their Merseyside rivals Liverpool on Monday evening at Goodsion Park because his electric pace will cause problems for a much slower James Milner down the right wing.


The 29-year-old winger started in the match between Everton and Arsenal in which Everton eventually won 2-1. Although he had a poor and quiet game, he showed glimpses of what he can give to his team going forward. He gave his marker some problems on the wing but his final ball let him down at times.

On the counter attack, Lennon is very useful as he can use his speed and great skills to get past any defender. He often gives perfect early deliveries into the box for Romelu Lukaku to poke the ball home. On his day, he can be an asset to Ronald Koeman and The Toffees.

The player has struggled to regularly secure games under his belt under Ronald Koeman this season and has so far picked up just one assist in seven Premier League appearances, which is likely to be the reason why he has not had so many opportunities to prove his worth.
Milner is a midfielder on the wing and find spaces to deliver early crosses into the box for Lukaku, then Liverpool’s shaky defence might struggle in the match.

LENNON: BANNING PHONES AT MEAL TIMES IS GOOD

Aaron Lennon has revealed that Everton players are no longer permitted to make use of their mobile phones during meal times.

The protocol has been implemented by the new Everton manager Ronald Koeman, and said to be just one of a countable number of changes the new coach has made since his arrival at the club in the summer.

The Dutchman has ensured players lose weight, adopt faster time-saving and work harder in training sessions as well as restricting the usage of their mobile phones during meal.
“Ronald Koeman is really good,” The 29-year old Lennon told Match Magazine, as quoted by the Liverpool Echo.
“He has banned using phones at meal times, so we are speaking and talking, which is a shock for some of the lads. But it is good. It’s encouraging the lads to get on even more than they do, which can only be good,” he added.

All the changes at Everton appeared to have worked well as the Toffees have enjoyed a strong start to life in the Premier League this session.

Koeman’s men currently sit fifth in the Premier League after gathering 14 points from their seven played games. However, Everton have recorded no win in their last three clashes in all competitions. They lost at home to Norwich in the League Cup while their visit to Bournemouth ended in another 1-0 defeat while Crystal Palace were successful in snatching 2 points from them in their last match 1-1 draw

The Everton manager became the man in charge at Merseyside this summer as wholesale changes were made to the side following Roberto Martinez’s exit. Few of the wholesale changes include Farhad Moshiri who has been made the new majority shareholder at the club and also Steve Walsh became the new Director of Football.