Lennon ready to play

Burnley winger Aaron Lennon said that he feels in great form after spending some time in Abu Dhabi with the team. He said that players that were not on international duty were allowed some days of rest in Abu Dhabi and he has seized the opportunity to prepare himself.

He said that it was an enjoyable moment in the sun and this has allowed him to relax and to recover from the early start to the season. Indeed Burnley started their season earlier because of their involvement in the Europa League and Aaron Lennon said that it was a great opportunity for him to recover.
Continue reading Lennon ready to play

Burnley manager pleased with draw at Southampton

Burnley manager Sam Dyche has admitted that the Clarets acquired a well-deserved point at Southampton in the Premier League opener. The Lancashire outfit had come into the game on the back of a hard-fought 0-0 draw against Istanbul Basaksehir on Thursday night but they still managed to play the game with good intensity.

The Clarets were the better team during the first half where they created a number of opportunities and ultimately Dyche was pleased for the side to have returned with a point, he told BBC Sport: “It was a well-deserved point that could have been all three. It’s not easy to dominate away from home like we did. We were good in possession and had a good shape.
Continue reading Burnley manager pleased with draw at Southampton

LENNON DETAINED UNDER MENTAL HEALTH ACT

Everton winger Aaron Lennon was detained under the Mental Health Act by police over concerns for his welfare earlier this year. The 30-year-old was taken to the hospital “for assessment” after the police were called to Salford on the day of the incident.

Lennon is now “receiving care and treatment for a stress-related illness”, his club has said.
Continue reading LENNON DETAINED UNDER MENTAL HEALTH ACT

LENNON SET TO REMAIN AT EVERTON

There were reports that Watford wanted to lure troubled Everton man Aaron Lennon this summer but latest reports confirm that Coach Ronald Koeman wants to retain him. There are also deadline day interests from other Premier League sides but the Toffees have rebuffed them all.

Burnley made an enquiry for the 30-year old winger but Everton reported that the player was not available. Watford has begun talks with Goodison Park weeks back as they sought to get the player on a loan deal but Koeman preferred an outright sale. Continue reading LENNON SET TO REMAIN AT EVERTON